One. Whole. Year.
I seriously can't believe how much we have learned, experienced, survived, and impacted in our first year. My eyes well up with tears as I write this to you, and really to our amazing community and group of customers.
You have turned this concept in my head into a living, breathing, reality.
A million thank you's could never be enough.
Year one we have:
- Set up at what feels like a million pop ups
- Hosted several in home shows
- Connected with amazing women also running incredible businesses in the San Antonio area
- Re-done our website
- Received over 800 orders
- Donated more than $2,000
- Created our own Yaqar Collective Merch line
- Have been to Dallas market several times
But we also have had:
- Buying decisions that have been such fails
- Pop ups where we sold nothing
- Events that only a few people have showed up to
- to say no to a storefront we really wanted but didn't align with our beliefs
- to say no to a pop up trailer that we really wanted because it didn't align with our biggest yes (which is to ultimately serve girls aging out of foster care with a physical store).
All of this to say...
Building a dream starts with tiny, tiny micro steps.
Building a business has been shaped just as much by my "no's" as my "yes's".
Some days will you flat out fail.
Oh, and some days you will make yourself look like an absolute fool just to get that sale.
Our vision and our dream to empower young women keeps us up at night and is what drives us to make the most of each work day.
Thank you for being apart of Yaqar Collective and apart of a bigger mission than just a cute new outfit.